Submitting Samples for DNA-Based Variety Identification
Jerry Dangl manager, Plant Identification Lab
Foundation Plant Services
The standard sample is young growing leaves that are dried using our standard protocol. We provide all the necessary collection material. Samples other than standard dried leaves require special handling and carry a $50 per sample surcharge. Collection instructions for non-standard sample types are provided case-by-case.
The service does not distinguish between bud-sports (aka. somatic mutations, clones) within a given variety.
- Name and address for shipping collection materials and instructions
- The number of plants to be tested
- Background regarding the plants to be tested and the issue to be resolved
- We will send an e-mail confirmation, instructions and collection material.
When you receive the collection material:
- Collect the leaf samples according to the standard protocol
- Complete the DNA-ID Sample Submission Form
- Use the same sample names on the Sample Submission Form as on the sample envelopes
- You can submit the Sample Submission Form by email, or mail it with the samples
- Review the DNA-ID Testing Agreement (When we receive the samples, we will complete the DNA-ID Testing Agreement and send it to you for signature.)